I’ll be honest that, for as much as I’ve been concerned about the “cleanliness” of what goes in my body since going Paleo last year, I’ve been equally un-concerned about the cleanliness of my beauty products. Yes, I know my skin is the largest organ in my body. And yes, my irrational decision boils down pure vanity (coupled with a few epic fails when I’ve tried natural beauty products in the past). Nevertheless, as clean, natural product offerings have expanded and improved, I’ve been intrigued to see how they measure up.
Enter the Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara. It is touted as:
A highly effective and natural, argan oil treatment mascara that nourishes, lengthens, volumizes, lifts, and curls lashes for 24 hours.
And based on the folks at Think Dirty (I’ve become a bit addicted to their app, which rates products on the cleanliness of their component ingredients!), it ranks as a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 (meaning it’s not going to kill me just for looking at it).
What I love:
- It delivers on its promise to volumize with just one coat (great for busy mornings) while still being buildable for a more dramatic look.
- The unique brush shape kept my lashes clump-free while still volumizing.
- Surprisingly no smudging! I naturally assumed that having “oil” in the name would affect the wearability, but I was wrong.
- It is Paraben-, Sulfate- and Phthalate-free.
What I don’t:
- ? – honestly I don’t see a downside! Although, to be fair I need to give it a good test in July and see how it stands up to a muggy Georgia day.
Bottom line: an amazing easy-wear, day-to-night mascara that I don’t have to feel guilty about putting on! Officially in love!