Hey, where’s this week’s meal plan? I know, I know. I’d like to know the same thing. Life is kicking my tail and we’re living on leftovers and freezer meals this week.
Something wonderful happened over the weekend with some slightly overdone smoked chicken breasts! They magically turned into one of the best chicken salads I’ve ever had (and I love me a good chicken salad!). Happily, I made mental notes as I went and have this recipe to share with you!
Spicy Smoked Chicken Salad – Serves 2 as a salad meal
- 2 smoked chicken breasts (or breasts you’ve roasted with a healthy coat of good seasoning rub);
- 1/2c mayonnaise (my favorite homemade; my favorite premade);
- 2-3Tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank’s);
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered;
- 2 stalks celery, diced (optional)
- Chunky or smooth? If you like chunky chicken salad (think Whole Foods), dice your chicken breasts. If you prefer a smoother consistency (think tuna salad), pulse in the food processor. I tried it both ways, and both were winners. It just comes down to a matter of preference.
- Mix all ingredients. If at all humanly possible, let sit for at least an hour. If you can’t wait, I understand, but it’ll get better as the flavors from your chicken meet and mingle with the mayo and hot sauce!
- Serve over lettuce, on raw zucchini or cucumber rounds, on crackers or bread (preferably Paleo, of course!).